Friday, October 8, 2010

Allow me to introduce us!

Hello blogging world!  Please allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Dr. Joshua  Fowler, and I’m a general dentist.  I graduated from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 2007, and I have been in private practice continually since then.  I’m passionate about creating and maintaining beautiful smiles.  I hate to see people in pain.  I hate to see people dislike their smile.  These facts being as they are, I am here to try to send some knowledge out into the universe regarding oral health, smile cosmetics, and overall dental knowledge.  If I can help someone out there have a healthier mouth, a brighter smile, or less discomfort, I will have reached my goal.  I’m privileged to work with a sharp business partner named Dr. Spencer Smith.  He is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Dentistry.   We have learned over the last few years working together that we have very similar philosophies and goals for our patients’ oral health and wellbeing. 

For now, I’d like to start by saying a few things about cosmetics.  One of my big problems with the world right now is the disdain for the word “cosmetic”.  I hate it when I hear someone say, “It’s just cosmetic.”  Let’s face it, cosmetics matter.  Studies show that the smile is one of the first things people notice when we meet them.  It’s just a simple fact that our smile is a multifunction organ.  It doesn’t just serve for eating.  Our smiles are important in social acceptance, achieving an education, having solid self-esteem, finding a mate, obtaining gainful employment, and others I could name.  If we are constantly self-conscious about the cosmetics of our smile, life can become difficult.  Here’s the good news: It doesn’t have to be!  There is a solution for every frustration that anyone has about their teeth.   Whether it’s straightening, whitening, repairing, etc., we can help.  If I’m not close enough to be your dentist, feel free to email me and I’ll do my best to advise (let’s face it, I can’t diagnose via email!) you, help find a dentist that will make you comfortable, or whatever I can.  I love seeing my patients smile.  I love it when I got to help them get the smile they wanted!  So, the next time you start to say, “It’s just cosmetic,” stop and remember the importance of the cosmetics!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow... this is a good idea. I often have dental questions and if a live dentist could answer them in a timely manner, that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete